Effective Date: August 21, 2023
Information we may collect
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you voluntarily provide by interacting with our websites, mobile applications, or other digital assets linking to this policy (our “Sites”). This information may include your name, contact information and any other information you choose to provide. For example, we collect this information when you make purchases at SSP locations, subscribe to services we offer, or request further information or services. We may also ask you for information when you complete a survey, enter a contest, competition or promotion and when you report a problem with our Sites.
- Records of your correspondence with us, which may include call recordings.
- Details of your visits to our Sites and locations including, but not limited to, traffic data, general location data, weblogs and other communication data and details of the resources that you access.
- Information that we process on behalf of restaurant locations that we operate (such as customer contact information, payment information, and purchase and transactions data).
We may combine information from other sources with information you give to us and information we collect about you for the purposes described in this policy.
Uses made of the information
We use information about you in the following ways:
- To operate, personalize, and improve the Sites, including for diagnostic, debugging, and analytics purposes, and to ensure that content from our Sites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
- To operate and improve our products and services, including market research and product development.
- To provide you with information, updates, promotions, marketing materials, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, with your consent where required by applicable law.
- To advertise and market our products and services, as well as products and services of third parties we think may interest you, with your consent where required by applicable law.
- To process payments and orders at restaurant locations.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To respond to your inquiries or otherwise contact you.
- To notify you about changes to our services.
- To use for our internal business purposes.
- To evaluate or conduct a corporate transaction.
- To protect against fraudulent or illegal activity and to maintain the security of the Site.
- To comply with the law and to maintain the security of our Site.
- With your consent, or as otherwise disclosed at the time information is collected.
We may share information we collect with other parties, including the following:
- With third parties for advertising and marketing purposes, including to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you.
- With third-party service providers that process information on our behalf, such as auditors, payment processors, online ordering platforms, data analytics providers and advertising networks.
- Any member of our corporate group, which includes our corporate parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries, with your consent where required by applicable law.
- In the event of a proposed or completed corporate sale, merger, acquisition or other transfer of all or part of our assets, including as part of a bankruptcy proceeding.
- With your consent or as otherwise disclosed at the time of data collection or sharing.
We may generate and share information that has been de-identified or aggregated such that it cannot reasonably be linked to an individual to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Digital Advertising & Analytics
We may partner with ad networks and other ad serving providers (“Advertising Providers”) that serve ads on behalf of us and others on non-affiliated platforms. Some of those ads may be personalized, meaning that they are intended to be relevant to you based on information Advertising Providers collect about your use of the Sites and other websites or apps over time, including information about relationships among different browsers and devices. This type of advertising is known as interest-based advertising.
You may visit the DAA Webchoices tool at www.aboutads.info/choices or the DAAC tool at https://youradchoices.ca/en/tools to learn more about this type of advertising and how to opt out of this advertising on this browser by companies participating in the DAA self-regulatory program. You can also exercise choices regarding interest-based advertising on your mobile device by downloading the appropriate version of the DAA’s AppChoices tool at https://youradchoices.com/appchoices or the DAAC tool at https://youradchoices.ca/en/tools.
If you delete your cookies, use a different browsers or mobile device, or reset your identifiers, you may need to renew your opt-out choices. Note that electing to opt out will not stop advertising from appearing in your browser or applications. It may make the ads you see less relevant to your interests.
We may also work with third parties that collect data about your use of the Sites and other websites or apps over time for non-advertising purposes. SSP uses Google Analytics and other third-party services to improve the performance of the Site and for analytics and marketing purposes. For more information about how Google Analytics collects and uses data when you use our Site, visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners, and to opt out of Google Analytics, visit tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
U.S. State Privacy Rights
Personal Information We Collect and Disclose. In the preceding 12 months, SSP or service providers operating on SSP’s behalf collected and disclosed the following categories of personal information:
- Personal and online identifiers (such as first and last name, email address, or unique online identifiers);
- Recordkeeping information (such as credit card number, debit card number or any other financial information);
- Commercial or transactions information (such as records of personal property or products or services purchased, obtained, or considered);
- Internet or other electronic network activity information (such as browsing history, search history, interactions with a website, email, application, or advertisement);
- Sensory information (such as call recordings or other audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or other similar information);
- Inferences drawn from the above information about your predicted characteristics and preferences; and
- Other information about you that is linked to the personal information above.
Categories of Sources. We collect personal information from the following categories of sources:
- Our affiliates and joint venture partners;
- Our business partners;
- Our service providers; and
- Advertising companies and networks.
We may use and share aggregated and deidentified information to the extent permitted by applicable law. When we use deidentified information, we maintain and use the information in deidentified form and do not attempt to reidentify it, except to check whether our deidentification processes satisfy the requirements of applicable law.
Additionally, we do not knowingly sell or share personal information of individuals under 16.
Your Rights. Residents of certain states have rights with respect to the personal information collected by SSP. You may be able exercise the following rights regarding personal information, subject to certain exceptions and limitations:
- The right to confirm whether we are processing personal information about you.
- The right to know the categories and specific pieces of personal information we collect, use, disclose, and sell about you; the categories of sources from which we collected personal information about you; our purposes for collecting or selling personal information about you; the categories of personal information about you that we have sold or disclosed for a business purpose; and the categories of third parties with which we have shared personal information.
- Depending on your state, the right to receive a portable and readily usable copy of the personal information we have collected about you, to the extent feasible.
- The right to correct inaccuracies in the personal information we have collected about you.
- The right to request that we delete the personal information we have collected about you.
- The right to opt out of (i) the sharing of personal information for targeted advertising; (ii) the sale of personal information; or (iii) profiling for decisions that have significant effects. Please note that if you opt out of certain practices, we may be unable to provide you with some services.
- Choice regarding sensitive information. Depending on your state, you can
- Limit our processing of certain “sensitive” personal information;
- Opt out of our processing of certain “sensitive” information; or
- Withdraw consent for such processing if you previously gave it.
- The right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of the above privacy rights.
To exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the following information and submit the required verifying information, as further described below:
- Online at “Your Privacy Choices.”
- By phone at 1 (833) 777-2747.
Additionally, if your state law allows, if you have submitted a request that we have not reasonably fulfilled, you may contact us to appeal our decision by contacting us as set forth below and indicating in the subject line of your message as that you are seeking an “Appeal.”
Verification Process and Required Information: Note that we may need to request additional information from you to verify your identity or understand the scope of your request. You will not be required to create an account with us to submit a request or have it fulfilled. We will require you to provide, at a minimum, basic contact information, such as your name and email address, and may request other information within our records that would allow us to verify your identity, such as receipts of payment or loyalty card numbers.
Authorized Agent: Depending on your state of residence, you may also designate an authorized agent to make requests on your behalf by designating such an agent in writing or through a power of attorney. We will require the agent to provide us with proof that you have authorized the agent to make requests on your behalf prior to accepting requests from the agent.
The following additional provisions apply if you are from Canada.
We collect personal information directly from you, from third party sources described above, and automatically from your device.
Subject to limited exceptions under applicable law, you have the right to access, update and correct inaccuracies in your personal information in our custody or control. You may also withdraw your consent to our use and disclosure of personal information. Depending on your province, you may also have the right to request that we cease disseminating or de-index (or reindex) your personal information.
You may request access, updating and corrections of inaccuracies in your personal information in our custody or control or withdraw your consent by contacting us at the contact information set out below. We may request certain personal information for the purpose of verifying the identity of the individual seeking access to his or her personal information records.
Your personal information will be transferred to or processed outside of your province by us and our service providers. We and our Canadian, US and other foreign service providers may provide your personal information in response to a search warrant to other legally valid inquiry or order, or to another organization for the purposes of investigating a breach of an agreement or contravention of law or detecting, suppressing or preventing fraud, or as otherwise may be required or permitted by applicable Canadian, U.S. or other law or legal process, which may include lawful access by US or foreign courts, law enforcement or other government authorities. For information about our use of service providers outside of your jurisdiction, please contact us as set out below.
Email Marketing Opt-Out:
You have the right to opt out of our email marketing. You can exercise your right to opt out by using the link provided at the bottom of each marketing message. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us here. If you opt out of our email marketing, we will still send you messages related to our transactions and relationship with you, such as order confirmations.
For choices with respect to third-party interest-based advertising activities, please see the “Digital Advertising & Analytics” section above.
Third-Party Links and Tools
Our Sites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites or apps of our partner networks, advertisers, affiliates or other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites or apps have their own privacy policies that cover their respective privacy practices and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
The Site also includes integrated social media tools or “plug-ins,” such as social networking tools offered by third parties. If you use these tools to share personal information or you otherwise interact with these features on the Site, those companies may collect information about you and may use and share such information in accordance with your account settings, including by sharing such information with the general public.
- For consumers, passengers, and website visitors, you may contact us at email@example.com